Students, professionals in licensed fields and skilled trades, or those with goals in these areas can reap the benefits offered by the Higher Ed Center. Whether you seek college credit for life experience, a promotion that requires higher certification your field-be it environmental, fitness, nursing, or transportation, among others-or law school, we can take you there! Our Test Center offers examinations for admission, course credit, or certification, in a range of disciplines, including the following providers.
Founded in 1987, Castle is leading certification and licensure testing company for more than 80 organizations.
Comira is a full service testing company for licensure, certification, assessment and educational testing programs. We provide expertise throughout the entire testing lifecycle, including test development, computer-based testing and result management.
Comira blends psychometric expertise, candidate conveniences and technical innovation for an unparalleled customer experience.
With a dedicated team of professionals, over 500 testing centers, and technology to support even the most complex testing programs, Comira is one of the most trusted computer-based testing providers in the industry.
Comira is affiliated with:
Association of Test PublishersInstitute for Credentialing ExcellenceClear
It’s your life: Take credit for it! The DSST credit-by-exam program provides a way to assess what you have learned through life experience, and it is recommended for credit by the American Council on Education. DSST offers 38 exams across a broad range of subject areas. The DSST program is owned by Prometric, the global leader in testing assessment, and has been placing students on the fast track to college degrees since 1986. For more information, visit www.getcollegecredit.com.
Please check with your college/university prior to taking any of these exams to ensure the test meets your degree requirements.
• The total cost for a DSST is $115.00 with two separate payments.
• The registration fee of $35.00 is non-refundable, and may be made by personal credit/debit card online.
• The test fee of $80.00 must be paid separately by credit/debit card online and is charged per test.
• Examinees have a maximum of 2 hours to complete the test.
• IMPORTANT: You must bring two forms of identification. The primary form must be a government-issued photo ID with a signature, such as a passport, state-issued driverâ€™s license or ID card, tribal identification document, naturalization card, or certificate of citizenship. The secondary form must have either a photo or signature, such as a Social Security card, student ID, credit card, or employee identification badge.
ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually – including the TOEFL and TOEIC tests, the GRE General and Subject Tests and The Praxis Series assessments – in more than 180 countries, at more than 9,000 locations worldwide.
Law School Admission Council
Required by all law schools approved by the American Bar Association (ABA), as well as many other law schools throughout North America, this examination is administered four times each year. It provides a standard measure of acquired reading and verbal reasoning skills that law schools can use, as one of several assessment factors, in screening applicants.
This company is “fully committed to providing comprehensive and cost-effective computer-based testing solutions to credentialing bodies, and competent consultation services on matters pertaining to the administration of examinations via computer. The term ‘iso-‘ refers to “optimal solutions,” and reflects the core philosophy of providing optimal and high-quality solutions to clients”. ~www.isoqualitytesting.com
Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
The MAT is a high-level mental ability test requiring the solution of problems stated as analogies.
• Performance on the MAT is designed to reflect candidatesâ€™ analytical thinking, an ability that is critical for success in both graduate school and professional life. â€¢Through analogies with content from various academic subjects, MAT scores help graduate schools identify candidates whose knowledge and abilities go beyond mere memorizing and repeating information.
• The analytical skills measured by the MAT are key to success in graduate school and are highly valued by graduate programs.
• For more than 50 years, the MAT has proven to be a reliable and valid test for assessing candidates for graduate school.
• Predictive validity studies conducted by Pearson and by independent researchers have shown positive correlations between MAT scores and subsequent success in graduate programs.
“NALA is the leading paralegal association in the US. Its mission is to provide continuing education and professional development programs to all paralegals. NALA provides current information about the profession, continuing education materials and seminars, networking opportunities, professional certification programs, occupational survey findings and manuals to help paralegals excel in the workplace.”~http://nala.org
You have the option to take all 5 exams for $125.00 or you can sign up for individual exams.
“The National Institute for Social Media (NISM) is dedicated to social media certification and education for professional social media practitioners. Our mission is to provide premier, vendor-neutral public education and resources related to social media. In addition, our Industry Advisory Committee defines and supports certification and continuing education standards for social media professionals in a manner that upholds industry standards for competent practice.”
“National Testing Network contracts with public safety departments across the country to provide professional test administration services.”~nationaltestingnetwork.com
“From large enterprise organizations to universities, consulting firms, road construction suppliers, high technology companies and many others, pan helps businesses succeed by predicting and impacting the performance of their people.”
Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 175 countries. Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson (NYSE: PSO; LSE: PSON), the international education company, whose businesses also include the Financial Times Group, Pearson Education and the Penguin Group.
We remain committed to working with these and other testing organizations, to provide the broadest possible range of exams for area residents. Please contact us if you are interested in an exam you do not see among those shown, either here on our website, or on the websites of the providers shown.